Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

I WAS NOT DRUNK WHEN THIS PIKSHURE WAS TOOK


A guy named Lee came to visit us last weekend. I didunt meet him but he brought lots of rain and wind with him. He also brought thunder.

Lee was at our house for three days doing all that. Me and Jack stayed in our thundershirts the whole time. Sunday afternoon, that wind and rain and thunder  were really really crazy-bad. Jack was okay but my thundershirt wuzzent enough for me. Mom had to go into her dog medicine cabinet and get ½ an Ace to give me in a piece of hotdog weiner. She duzzent give the entire pill becuz that makes us zombies. But ½ the pill helps us settle down and sleep.

So anyway, she gave me the pill and in a few minutes I went in my crate and took a nap. Dad said I look drunk in the pikshure. I don’t care. When I woke up, Lee and all his noise were gone. We have lotsa rain puddles to play in and lotsa mud to roll around in. PLUS! Possums & narmadillos & wood rats are coming in our yard from the woods becuz of the rain and me and Buddy and Maggie are having a blast with them. They can run but they can’t hide! Oh, and that torn up barbecue grill in the corner of the back deck? Not My Fault. Dang ole rat shouldunt have tried to go inside it.


AAARRROOOOOOOO!




7 comments:

marifun56 said...

Oh Duke- so glad you made it through Lee's visit. Be glad it wasn't a nasty witch named Irene! Glad you had fun chasing all the critters aftewards too!

Anonymous said...

Duke: you sure do know how to tell your story! I sure love reading all about what happens at your house. Louie would love to play with you but lives too far away but oh the stories you two would be able to tell. hahahahah. Love robin

Ms. A said...

Poor Duke. We had high winds and cooler weather, but only a short sprinkle. Not nearly enough to ease the fires.

The Black and Tans. said...

You certainly had some horrid weather. We do hope you don't have to go through all that again.

Molly, Taffy, Monty and Winnie

Molly the Airedale said...

That Ace sounds like a life saver,DD! We're glad you made it though Lee! He's been bothering us for the past few days! Maybe your narmadillos will pay us a visit?

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Chana Meddin said...

Yo, Bro DD, what ACE? Me wants me some o'dat! What it? Git yo mama to tell my mama! Glad Lee left already and hope he don't marry that Irene. We haz HADIT
with dem and what is with Texas? Hates to say it but up here in the Pacific Northwest we just got summer! Broke 80 degrees for more than one day.
But it would more than justify some o'dat ACE, dontcha think, old buddy,
old pal? Glad everything
but the grill survived!

Lori G said...

((((((DuuuuuuuKe)))))))